EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT JFS
Jewish Family Services of WNC, located in Asheville, NC, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency providing case management, mental health counseling and other social services to people of all faiths, races, color, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientation, country of origin, age and ability. Knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and traditions is preferred for all employment positions.
To apply for a position, email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com No phone calls, please.
NOTE THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
Jewish Family Services of WNC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment as well as participation in programs is open to all regardless of faith, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, country of origin, age and ability.
JFS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Jewish Family Services of Western North Carolina (JFS) seeks to hire an Executive Director (ED).The ED reports to the JFS Board of Directors and is responsible for the development, administration, and control of all aspects of the organization and operating budget. The ED is responsible for fundraising, management of personnel, staff development and all agency operations.
The ideal candidate will have conceptual, strategic and tactical management experience. The ED will display leadership qualities as a visible, involved member of the community. The ED will have a passion for the JFS mission and utilize analytical thinking and strategic planning to identify and address community needs and lead the agency into a strong and sustainable future.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years management/leadership experience with supervisory responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate staff and Board
• Strong relationship builder with community partners, including local Jewish organizations and other local non-profit and social service organizations.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication
• Successful management and/or oversight of programs and services
• Knowledge of Jewish lifecycle experiences, culture, traditions and community life
• Technology skills and knowledge
• Significant fund development experience, including successful grant writing
• Serve as the liaison between the Board and its Committees
• Submit quarterly, year-end, and as needed program reports to JFS Board
• Work closely with JFS finance committee, develop draft of annual budget for committee and Board approval, and present monthly Financial Statement and cash flow reporting
• Foster communication and relationships in the Jewish community and advances understanding of JFS
• Assist Board to develop and update strategic and long term planning
• Work closely with Fund Development committee, potential future capital campaign committee and JFS Board on development, implementation and monitoring of fundraising plans
• Communicate, promote and strengthen organizational understanding about emerging community needs and the financial resources required to fund those in need
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
For full consideration, please email all items below, combined into one document, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A cover letter describing your qualifications for this Executive Director position, including your specific interest in leading Jewish Family Services of WNC.
2. A current CV or resume.
3. Three professional references, including names, contact information, and their relationship to you. Please note:
References will not be contacted until a candidate has been notified and has agreed.